World of Tanks is an online-only multiplayer game in which two teams with up to 15 tanks each try to win the match – this is done by either killing everyone from the other team or by conquering the enemy base. The game is officially based in World War II but this has no big bearing: some of the available tanks were made after the war and there is also no separation of nations; German and US tanks can fight side by side. Each tank has different advantages, for example artillery has a big range but slow reload times, and a damage simulation: certain parts of the tank get destroyed when damaged enough. They respawn after a short time, but the performance takes a hit. But nevertheless, World of Tanks is no simulation and is designed for fast matches of ten minutes or less.
If the whole tank dies during a match it doesn’t respawn and gets locked for the rest of the match – this means the player has to watch the remaining time or uses one of his other tanks to jump right into the next. The game knows two resources which are gained with every match: experience to unlock new tanks and upgrades, and money to but them. This is were the business model comes into play: World of Tanks is free to play, but experience and money progression is relatively slow. But real money can be traded for game money and experience/money boosts which improve the profit per match.
World of Tanks Download
- Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Processor (CPU): A processor with at least two physical cores supporting SSE2
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600, ATI Radeon HD 4550
- Hard Drive Space: ~36 GB
- Internet Connection Speed: 256 Kbps
- Operating system: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 – 64-bit.
- Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5 (Desktop)
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB (or more)
- Video Card: GeForce GTX660 (2GB) / Radeon HD 7850 (2GB)
- Hard Drive Space: ~36 GB.
- Internet Connection Speed: 1024 Kbps or higher (for voice chat).