Kyle Katarn, a former mercenary and now an ally of the rebels, discovers that he is in fact a Jedi, and is on a quest to find his lightsaber and learn the techniques of the Force. The evil Sith lord Jerec, who was responsible for the death of Kyle’s father, is on a quest of his own, searching a mythical place called Valley of the Jedi, where his dark powers could be unleashed. Will Kyle be able to stop Jerec and become a true Jedi without falling to the dark side?
Star Wars: Jedi Knight – Dark Forces II is a sequel to Dark Forces. The game is set in the Star Wars universe and its events occur after those depicted in the movie Return of the Jedi (Episode VI). Primarily a first-person 3D shooter, the game also allows the player to switch to third-person perspective. Kyle can use blasters and rifles to take care of his enemies, and later in the game he will also be able to fight enemies with a lightsaber.
There are three kinds of Force powers Kyle may use in the game: light, dark and neutral. Light powers are mostly used for healing purposes; dark powers involve violent actions such as choking enemies or hurling objects at them; neutral powers enhance Kyle’s speed and jumping ability. There are fourteen Force powers altogether; if the player chooses to develop only one type of powers throughout the game, a bonus power can be gained. Completing levels rewards the player with stars, which can be allocated to enhance the powers.
The game has a branching storyline with different endings, and the player’s decisions can lead Kyle to the light as well as the dark side (for example, killing innocents will add “dark points” to Kyle’s score). The game features video sequences with live actors as cutscenes.
- Genre: Action
- Publisher: LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Developer: LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Year: 1997
STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II System Requirements
MINIMUM HW REQUIREMENTS
- Computer: 100% Windows 95 DirectX compatible computer required.
- Graphics Card: PCI Graphics card required. Jedi Knight also supports most major 3D acceleration cards.
- CPU: Pentium 90 or faster required
- Memory: 16MB RAM required. 32MB RAM recommended
- CD-ROM: Double speed CD-ROM drive required. Quad speed or faster recommended
- Sound Card: 100% Windows 95 compatible 16-bit sound card required
- Input Device: 100% Windows 95 compatible keyboard, mouse, or joystick required
- DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 5 is included on this CD and must be installed to play Jedi Knight
- Note: Your system may require the “latest” Windows 95 drivers for your particular hardwareInstallation: Minimum
- Installation requires 33 MB free hard drive space (plus an additional 20MB free hard drive space after the install for the swap file).