Evil Genius is set in the 1960s of James Bond, master-minds, and bad hair cuts; play one of the three available evil geniuses, each with different abilities, all of which have the overall master-plan to rule the world.
To do this, the evil genius must send out minions and henchmen all over the world on secret missions to increase the criminal infamy rating and steal cash to fund operations for secret base, known in-game as the “secret island at an undisclosed location.” Operation: World Conquer costs money…a lot of money!
However, the five major world governments are not unaware of the evil genius’s evil plotting. They will send agents to the “secret island at an undisclosed location” to gather evidence of the evil genius’s misdeeds. Eventually after enough evidence, they will have just cause to send a strike team or worse…send Super Agents to hamper the evil genius’s plans of world domination.
After choosing an evil genius, gameplay will fall under the following categories:
World Domination Map
The most dominant feature of the game revolves around the top-down perspective World Domination map. Although it only takes a few minutes at a time to check this feature, it is most important because this is where the player plots all plans of world domination. The World Domination map consists of the following actions:
- Sending minions and henchmen on Act of Infamy missions around the world to raise criminal reputation rating. Successfully accomplishing these missions will increase criminal reputation. The higher the reputation, the more access the player has to other missions, henchmen, and infamy objects that may be stolen.
- Sending minions and henchmen undercover around the world to steal cash and funds operations. The money will then be sent to the “secret island at an undisclosed location” to be stored at the treasury.
- Recruit new henchmen. If reputation is high enough, the player may have the option to recruit new henchmen.
Secret Island at an Undisclosed Location Map
Gameplay is primary focused on the secret island base, where it mimics an isometric building simulation game. Here, the player may interact with buildings, minions, and enemy agents. The available actions are as the following:
- Build a secret base, in it construct facilities and rooms.
- Build a trap system to guard the base’s secrets from enemy agents as well as using it to kill, stun, or interrogate enemy agents.
- Research new traps, objects, and weapons.
- Genre: Strategy / Tactics
- Publisher: Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Developer: Elixir Studios
- Year: 2004
Evil Genius System Requirements
MINIMUM HW REQUIREMENTS
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista
- Processor: Pentium® III 800MHz processor
- Memory: 128MB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce2 16Mb or equivalent
- Hard Drive: 1.4 GB of free hard drive space
- Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card
- DirectX9®: DirectX 9.0c